Students will be completing a self-guided study of a Native American culture. This assignment will require students to complete 3 distinct assignments over the course of study. This is a large assignment, and I have devoted quite a bit of learning time to this project. Studnets will be working with a partner to complete the 3 assignments. Work should be done in class, and can also be accomplished at home.
- Informational Powerpoint (Only Choice for 4th Grade) & Presentation OR PhotoStory with Narration (Possible Choice for 6th Grade and approved 5th graders)
- Native American Craft (Shelter, Tool, Clothing, etc.) – Must be approved by Mr. D.
- Write a Legend based on what was learned in research.
**NOTE: Students should complete the research & informational presentation prior to starting a craft, and should complete the craft prior to starting to write their legend.
Date Assigned: 9/17/2014 (Wednesday)
Date Due: 10/23/2014 (Thursday)
Assignment Duration: 30 School Days
Assignment Pacing: To stay on track, students should have completed the following steps by these dates: (NOTE: These dates are tentative and may change due to unknown interruptions to our work schedule.)
- Complete research (9/26/2014)
- Complete Presentation (10/3/2014)
- *COMPONENT DUE DATE – Give Presentation (10/6 to 10/9/2014)
- Begin making craft – Tuesday (10/6/2014)
- *COMPONENT DUE DATE – Craft complete and presented in class. (10/14/2014)
- Begin Legend- Tuesday (10/13/2014)
- *COMPONENT DUE DATE – Ledged completed and turned in (10/23/2014)
Assignment Supporting Documents:
- Native American Project Requirements (CRITICAL DOCUMENT)
- Presentation Topics and Example Notecards (Guide for research and simple info for Presentation displays…NO LENGTHY INFORMATION ON DISPLAYS)
- Tribe List (Student Tribe Choices – Partners determined here)
- Native American PPT-rubric
- Native American digital story rubric