Directions for Writing: Write a narrative story using the Harris Burdick picture prompt. Include the sentence, that accompanies your picture, somewhere in your story.
Date Assigned: 8/25/2014 (Monday)
Date Due: 9/10/2014 (Wednesday)
Assignment Duration: 12 School Days
Assignment Pacing: To stay on track, students should have completed the following steps by these dates:
- PREWRITE (Graphic Organizer) – Tuesday (8/26/2014)
- SLOPY COPY (1st Draft) – Thursday (8/28/2014)
- TYPED – Friday (8/29/2014)
- REVISION 1 (Word Choice) – Tuesday (9/2/2014)
- REVISION 2 (Sentence Fluency) – Thursday (9/4/2014)
- EDITING & FINAL DRAFT- Tuesday (9/9/2014)
- TURNED IN TO MR.D & POSTED TO BLOG – Wednesday (9/10/2014)
Submitting the Assignment:
- Turn in Final Drafts with all supporting documents (Organizer, Sloppy Copy, Typed 1, Revision 1, Revision 2, Any Other Revisions)
- Include a rubric scored by you and one other student.
Assignment Supporting Documents: